Do you have knowledge of rigging and ballast calculations, motion analysis, and love offshore heavy lifting projects?
Our client, a well known player in the offshore lifting and salvage industry, is seeking a Project Engineer Heavy Lifting, to add to their team and continue their growth.
As a Project Engineer Heavy Lifting you will be responsible for the execution of all the necessary engineering, the related procedures, the communication with external engineering teams and the draughtsman. In this aspect it is important to have the proper guidance of those involved, optimum coordination with the client and project implementation in accordance with agreements and guidelines (Contract, QHSE and quality).
In this role you report directly to the Project Manager and work closely with the end customer, suppliers and colleagues involved with the projects.
You can also be introduced in the tender department for the drafting of price calculations, for example, when there is a need research in technical solutions.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, coordinate, supervise and finalize projects;
- Drawing up work as well as monitoring current budget update under supervision of the Project Manager during work execution;
- Contracting subcontractors and monitoring their progress. Operational and financial;
- First point of contact for clients during the engineering phase;
- Coordinate project activities with other departments, customers, subcontractors and external stakeholders;
- Reporting and ensuring the progress of projects;
- (Co-) Development of new technical solutions and applications;
- Quality Guarantees according to legal requirements and regulations;
- Join the project team on board the Heavy Lift vessels during project execution;
Firstly, as a suitable candidate for this job you are a Project Engineer who has at least 1-3 years of relevant experience.
This knowledge was acquired among others in the ‘heavy lift industry’ or Offshore industry where you demonstrated the ability to independently complete complex projects successfully, by means of an active involvement and approach to detail.
You will have:
- Proven experience in preparing, coordinating and implementing complex projects;
- Relevant experience in ‘heavy lifting’ and/or ‘offshore installation projects’;
- A completed technical training (Bachelor / HTS), preferably with a specialization in mechanical engineering or maritime;
- Practical attitude, knowledge of different calculation (rigging / motion analyses / mooring) and drawing programs;
- Hands-on, problem solving and analytical thinking;
- Team-oriented professional with excellent communication skills;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written, and be able to communicate in Dutch;
- Willingness to work with 'deadlines', based in Antwerp and if necessary travel internationally;
- No fear for a new challenge and be part of a great and young team