What should you do during a job interview?
- Make sure your phone is on silent
- Be polite
- Give a firm handshake
- Introduce yourself clearly
- Have an active attitude
- Speak calmly and clearly. This makes the conversation more pleasant so that your conversation partners have time to process your response
- Make sure you always make eye contact. If you have a conversation with several people, alternate the eye contact
- Your body language is very important. Watch your posture, avoid defensive body language, such as cross-legged or arms. Stay relaxed and professional
- Make sure you always end the conversation properly. Therefore, when leaving, shake hands and make eye contact
What should you not do during a job interview?
- Do not be late! If it does happen that you are too late, inform your conversation partner about this
- Always sit second unless your conversation partner invites you to take a seat
- Have a positive conversation. It is not wise to disrespect your previous employer
- Tell about experiences with a colleague that you could not work well with. Avoid negative statements
- Let your conversation partner finish. Do not interrupt the other person and wait your turn to answer